How did the group respond? To me? To my material? To other members of the group? Was this as expected?
The group responded quite well to me. This could be attributed to the fact that the participants know me. The group responded well to the material also. Well in my definition means that they actually did the material and had a reaction to it. The members initially responded well with each other but certain activities made the interaction a bit withdrawn.
The reactions of everyone getting along and being open was expected but the withdrawnness was not expected.
The reactions of everyone getting along and being open was expected but the withdrawnness was not expected.
How did I feel about the session - good, uneasy, bad? Can I pinpoint a reason for this? The room? My presentation? My material?
I felt good about the session overall. The reason for this is I expected to not achieve my goals, for people to open and dig deep within themselves. For it not to be an eye opening experience because everyone was familiar with everyone but I was pleasanty surprised. The material really helped for everyone to think about movement in a deeper way than before and certain emotional revelations were made.
Did I meet any of my goals this session? Did I identify new goals during the session?
I did meet my goals for the session, for the participants to enjoy themselves and to dig deeper emotionally. I did identify new goals - for the members of the group to be sensitive to the movements of those around them and for myself as well.
I did meet my goals for the session, for the participants to enjoy themselves and to dig deeper emotionally. I did identify new goals - for the members of the group to be sensitive to the movements of those around them and for myself as well.
Have I made a written note of my observations and feelings about the session yet? Yes which will be shared.
PLANNING FOR THE NEXT SESSION
Am I on the right track? Do I need to change my approach? My material? My medium?
I do feel as if I am on the right track. My approach does not seem to be hindering progress so I see no need to change it. I would like to switch up the material a bit for the next session and keep the medium of dance/movement. I may introduce another medium such as music or visual arts to make things interesting.
I do feel as if I am on the right track. My approach does not seem to be hindering progress so I see no need to change it. I would like to switch up the material a bit for the next session and keep the medium of dance/movement. I may introduce another medium such as music or visual arts to make things interesting.
Who are the individuals in the group who need special attention? How can I best meet these needs without disturbing other members of the group?
I don’t think any one needs special attention.
I don’t think any one needs special attention.
What shall I do next time? How can I link it to what we have already done so that it builds on these experiences?
I shall introduce music into the session by having exercises that incorporate music. I can link it to activities already done in silence and see what differences occur due to the addition of music. Also adding paper + markers for the participants to draw what they feel and how they see themselves after an activity for a new of expressing themselves.
I shall introduce music into the session by having exercises that incorporate music. I can link it to activities already done in silence and see what differences occur due to the addition of music. Also adding paper + markers for the participants to draw what they feel and how they see themselves after an activity for a new of expressing themselves.
Have I scheduled time for a break in between sessions?
Yes I have. The next session will be a week away.
Yes I have. The next session will be a week away.