Saturday, May 3, 2014

SESSION I OUTLINE


This is the outline for session 1. These are exercises that the leader will introduce to the group.

WARM UP

I am Me
All in a circle, jump and when you land say your name. The activity builds up over time so it creates a "wall of sound".

After the circle, go throughout the room saying three words starting with I AM.

EXAMPLE

STOMP    STOMP    JUMP
    I           AM     MEAT


Follow My Dance

In a circle, one person will go to the center and do a simple movement. The rest of the group will do the movement immediately after.

BODY AWARENESS

Touch and Respond
In a circle, touch a body part on the person to your left and they should respond with that part in movement. They should use that body part to initiate movement to the next person.

GROUP AWARENESS

Reed In The Wind
One person goes in the center and the group places hands on the person. The group then moves them
like a reed in the wind.

Follow My Dance II
Same as I but when the next person steps in, they add a movement to the first one and so on.

Inward Shape
Close eyes. say your name. Make a shape that expresses how you're currently feeling.
Everyone says the person's name and does the shape/movement they just did. After everyone goes, the group facilitator will tap random individuals. The group should proceed to do the person's shape who the facilitator tapped.


ENDING

Lie on the ground in a circle and just breathe/reflect. Sit up and do a movement that expresses current state + verbalize.